This house was built by Master Carpenter Yi Seungeop's, who participated in the rebuilding of
Gyeongbokgung(Palace) during the late 1860s(1865-1868).
this house was originally located near Cheonggyecheon at 36-2 Samgak-dong, Jung-gu, seoul.
Currently, only the anchae(inner quarters), the sarangchae(outer quarters) and the middle gate remain.
But the house was originally a big mansion composed of eight buildings which included
the munganchae(the house beside the gate),
the haengnangchae(servants' quarters) in the front and rear, the sarangchae in the rear,etc.
This house clearly shows the dwelling cuiture of Seoul during the late Joseon period
and the construction techniques of the time.
In addition, the height ans shape of the roofs vary according th the degree of importances of houses.
The rails and verandas installed at various points throughout the anchae are beautiful and convenient.